Rhian Brewster: Liverpool youngster determined to repay Jurgen Klopp faith by proving himself as first-team option

Rhian Brewster: Liverpool youngster determined to repay Jurgen Klopp faith by proving himself as first-team option
Liverpool youngster Rhian Brewster is eager to repay the faith shown in him by manager Jurgen Klopp by proving himself as an option for the first-team and having a long-term future at Anfield.Brewster, 18, has been out injured with ankle and knee problems for the last 13 months, however, as he is so highly rated, Liverpool gave him his first professional five-year contract last summer.Brewster signed his first professional contract with Liverpool last summer3
Brewster signed his first professional contract with Liverpool last summer
Klopp has already highlighted pre-season with his squad as the point Brewster should focus on, but the Reds boss has kept in close contact with the teenager, reassuring him about his future plans.“It has been a frustrating time, I’ve been out for a long time and I don’t wish that on anyone,” Brewster said, speaking at a Safer Internet Day hosted by the club through their Red Neighbours partnership.“It’s happened and I’m finally back fit and doing what I love and pushing to get back in the team. “To know that the boss really wants me to be in his plans for the future is amazing, especially a boss like him.“They could easily have left me at the academy to do my rehab but they wanted me to do my rehab with them, so I can’t thank them enough.“During this injury I’ve had that, he has been there from beginning to the end and to know he still wants me – even though it’s been so long – gives me a great boost.Brewster says he has had many ‘Klopp hugs’ despite having not featured for the first-team yet3
Brewster says he has had many ‘Klopp hugs’ despite having not featured for the first-team yet
“Every time I see him he gives me a big hug. Not only him, every time I see the players they are asking about how I am, ‘How long?’, they can’t wait for me to be back in training and hopefully make my debut this year, if not next.”Even though he got the reward of a long contract last summer, Brewster will not rest on his laurels.The long lay-off has made him even more determined to return ready to stake his claim for a place alongside Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane.“It’s not really comfort because I don’t like the comfort zone,” the 2017 Under-17 World Cup winner said of his contract.Brewster won the Under-17 World Cup with England in 20173
Brewster won the Under-17 World Cup with England in 2017
“I like to work hard for my stuff so the injury and trying to get back fit, working hard, is all I’ve been doing.“I want to prove to everyone that the boss has kept faith in me for a reason and I want to prove to everyone that I’m good enough to be in the first team.“When I’m back, that is what I hope to do. It doesn’t stop, I’ll keep pushing myself.“I’ve got to keep going and hopefully I’m here for longer than five years.”
View this post on Instagram Hopes and Dreams… #TheKopA post shared by RhianBrewster (@rhianbrewster) on
Brewster was attending a Safer Internet Day at Anfield where 500 schoolchildren learned about online safety.The striker admits his social media profile has helped him during the tough rehabilitation period.“I’ve been out for a long time and it’s good to know people are still there and still believing in me and what I can do. Social media, especially Instagram, has helped me a lot,” he said.“I know it sounds crazy but I’m some kids’ idol, so at such a young age I know my what social media imposes on me.“They may not see me in real life so for them to see my social media, that’s maybe the only way they can get close to me so it is really important not just for me but them as well.“The good side is that I have a lot of fans who want to know how I’m doing and my progress but you get some people who are trolls who hate, people who just want to put you down but I laugh at them to be honest.”

18. Paul Scholes
Newcastle United transfer news: Mike Ashley 'reluctant' to

Jack Wilshere is still out with an ankle injury

Phil Foden started his third Champions League as Manchester City came from behind to beat Hoffenheim 2-1 Pep Guardiola praised 'skinny' Phil Foden and his Manchester City side for overcoming Hoffenheim 2-1 in the Champions League to secure top spot in Group F with qualification already assured.
Phil Foden starts for Manchester City against Tottenham

Our computer has calculated that Cardiff will pick up five points from their seven fixtures over the Christmas period, against Wolves (h), West Ham (a), Southampton (h), Watford (a), Manchester United (h), Crystal Palace (a), Leicester (a). That will leave the Bluebirds on 13 points from 20 games (the same as Fulham but with a superior goal difference).

Matthew Thomas Jarvis (born 22 May 1986) is an English professional footballer who plays as a winger and most recently played for Norwich City.. After an unsuccessful spell as a youth-team player for Millwall, Jarvis began his professional career with Gillingham, making his Football League debut for the Kent-based club at the age of 17.

Zidane is planning a massive squad overhaul in the summer

Premier League Golden Glove: 2018/19 winner and most clean sheets: Full ranking revealed as Alisson wins goalkeeping award Mis Drailes receives and appreciates Brand New BMW from her husband (Photo) Naira Marley will be out today once we perfect his bail conditions - Management
Full ranking revealed as Eden Hazard crowned best creator

Fornals has impressed playing for Villarreal over the past couple of seasons

Paris Saint-Germain face Real Madrid on Tuesday, March 6 at Parc des Princes in the Champions League. Here's all the info you need to watch. When Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid squared off
Preview: Paris Saint-Germain vs. Manchester United

Declan Rice has won two caps for England

Arsenal plot late Ander Herrera bid, Liverpool in talks with Nike over huge kit deal, Real Madrid name their price for Gareth Bale talkSPORT.com rounds up all the latest transfer news and football gossip from Friday's papers and online…
Transfer news LIVE: Man United, Arsenal & Chelsea latest

Newcastle have opted for a basic design for their third shirt

Manchester United fans on Twitter beg club to 'liquidate' after seeing Marouane Fellaini's shocking new haircut; LA Galaxy star Zlatan Ibrahimovic 'edging closer' to sensational AC Milan return; Manchester United transfer news: Wolves remain keen on signing out-of-favour Marcos Rojo who is available in January
The United Stand (@UnitedStandMUFC) | Twitter

Baggies sporting director Luke Dowling has ruled out the move becoming a permanent one
Freddie Ljungberg: Arsenal Under-23s boss compared to

Alisson’s crucial save against Napoli stopped Liverpool from slipping into the Europa League

The agent of Chelsea midfielder Jorginho has this evening confirmed that his client will '100%' remain with the club this summer following former Partenopei boss Maurizio Sarri to London
Chelsea news: Jorginho's agent casts doubt over Maurizio

Liverpool were less than half an inch from taking the lead

David Seaman has stressed the need for Bernd Leno to show patience as the German goalkeeper bids to be the first choice at Arsenal. New manager Unai Emery has preferred Petr Cech to the man signed
Tottenham ahead of Arsenal? Most teams are ahead of Arsenal

Liverpool also had two players tied for the Premier League Golden Boot – Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane – who, along with Arsenal’s Aubameyang, scored 22 goals
Manchester United transfer news: Hirving Lozano 'dreams' of

Matches played: 167 / Minutes played: 14,510

Liverpool vs Bayern Munich team news and line-ups: Who is starting Champions League clash at Anfield? The Reds host the Bundesliga giants in their Round of 16 first-leg By Marc Williams
Preview: Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich - prediction, team news

Sam Allardyce is pleased Rooney will receive a fitting send-off after his record-breaking England career
Transfer news: Tottenham and Arsenal eyeing Borussia

Liverpool FC transfer news - Jurgen Klopp targeting Atletico Madrid star Jan Oblak in world-record deal to replace Loris Karius

Liverpool vs Fulham Preview: Probable Lineups, Prediction, Tactics, Team News, Betting Odds & Key Stats Team News & Tactics Liverpool. Naby Keita and Fabinho should come into the starting
Liverpool vs Tottenham team news: Trent Alexander-Arnold an

This is Rodgers’ seventh trophy at Celtic

Championship play-offs 2019: Aston Villa, Leeds United and the contenders in the race for the Premier League Derby have already been beaten twice by Leeds this season, including at Elland Road
Leeds United vs Aston Villa Preview: Probable Lineups

Post a Comment

0 Comments